This is the other large-size Cavaillé-Coll in the Basque province of Gipuzkoa that is well known internationally. If the Cavaillé-Coll in the Basilica of Santa María in San Sebastián is the ideal instrument for the playing of music by César Franck, this is the prototype of the romantic-symphonic organ. It was, in fact, the last great organ built by the famous organ maker as, one month after the inauguration, the house of Cavaillé-Coll was sold to Charles Mutin. (Aristide Cavaillé-Coll died in 1899). It was voiced by Fernand Prince who had previously worked at the Stoltz frères in the voicing of the organs in Bergara, Zumaia and the monastery of the order of St Clare in Tolosa.
It is located on the left side of the choir facing the presbytery, once again respecting the emplacement of the older baroque organ. The sizes of the stops and the manual names also correspond to the characteristics of the Spanish baroque organ, as well as having the Trompeta Armónica and Clarín Armónico stops of the Great Organ which are in Batalla. With these organs installed in Spain, in general, the illustrious organ maker continued to pay his own special tribute to his family and professional origins, so rooted, as they were, in Catalonia (his grandmother, Maria Francisca Coll, was Catalan) and to the Spanish baroque organ. The organ case was newly designed by the Cavaillé-Coll company. It was restored by Gabriel Blancafort in 1976. It cost 60,000 pesetas.
It has three manuals, each with a compass of 56 notes and one pedalboard of 30, with a total of 40 stops.